Corporate rss

Forsmark 3 power uprate cancelled

24 November 2014

Forsmark_3_(Vattenfall)_48Plans for a power uprate of over 14% at unit 3 of the Forsmark nuclear power plant in Sweden have been dropped as it is no longer economically feasible, Vattenfall has announced. An uprate at unit 1 will go ahead as planned.

Robot inspects water tank

14 November 2014

Inspector robot 48A robotic examination of an in-service condensate storage tank at a US nuclear power reactor has been successfully completed. Previously plant operators would have to use divers or empty the tanks in order to conduct manual inspections.

Research institutes extend collaboration

13 November 2014

EPRI-CRIEPI Nov 2014 - 48The US-based Electric Power Research Institute and Japan's Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry have agreed to extend their collaborative research agreement for a further five years.

CEZ expresses interest in Slovenské Elektrárne

20 November 2014

State-owned Czech utility CEZ has sent an expression of interest for a 66% stake in Slovak utility Slovenské Elektrárne, which is currently owned by Italy's Enel, CEZ spokesperson Barbora Pulpanov told World Nuclear News today. The Slovak economy ministry holds the remaining 34% stake.

Russia 'concerned' about Mikerin arrest

14 November 2014

Russia's foreign ministry said yesterday that the circumstances surrounding the arrest in the USA of Russian citizen Vadim Mikerin and the actions of US intelligence and law enforcement agencies "raise serious questions."

China and Canada expand cooperation

10 November 2014

CNNC-Candu_Energy_JV_(CNNC)_48China and Canada have signed an expanded memorandum of understanding on nuclear cooperation, while the China National Nuclear Corporation and Candu Energy have agreed to cooperate on nuclear fuel development.